|The Southern Ridges (南部山脊) comprises more than 9 km of green, open spaces spanning the hills and grounds of: -
1. Marang Trail (Harbourfront MRT)
2. Mount Faber (Faber Walk)
3. Henderson Waves - spans Henderson Road to connect Mount Faber to Telok Blangah Hill Park
4. Telok Blangah Hill Park (Hilltop Walk)
5. Telok Blangah Hill Park is link to Hort Park via Forest Walk/Earth Trail, Alexandra Arch bridge spans Alexandra Road, on the Hyderabad Road side, the bridge is connected to HortPark via the Floral Walk
7. Canopy Walk
8. Kent Ridge Park - continue on from Science Park Dr (Science Park 1), Kent Ridge Rd, Kent Ridge Crescent (these roads form the Kent Ridge Heritage Trail) to reach Clementi Woods Park
9. Clementi Woods Park
10. West Coast Park
Henderson Waves - Singapore's highest pedestrain bridge, 36 metres above Henderson Road. The wave-forms will be lit with attractive LED light from 7pm to 2am daily.
Alexandra Arch - This bridge, with its curved deck and tilted arch like an opened leaf. The bridge dazzles with colour-changing LED lights between 7pm and 12am. Officially opened by Prime Minister Mr Lee Hsien Loong on 10 May 2008.
The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) first announced plans to build these connections during an exhibition on the Parks & Waterbodies and Identity Plans in 2002. These plans received strong support from the public. It took 2 years to complete and cost S$25.5 million.
There are DIY e-Guides to Southern Ridges Trails by National Parks.